August 16th, 2015
Perched on a dazzling eggshell-white beach in Antigua, Jolly Beach Resort is set among forty acres of lush, tropical gardens. Pristine white sands, crystal-clear and calm turquoise waters, incredible views, and cooling seas breezes – Jolly Beach is the Best Beach.
Stretching a mile along breathtaking azure blue waters.
We’re proud to offer one of the finest stretches of sand in the Caribbean – here’s why:
- A Kaleidoscope of Colors: Stretching a mile along breathtaking azure blue waters on our 40-acre property, the snow white Jolly Beach is the best beach on Antigua, hands down. You are sure to come across pictures of fabulous sunrises and sunsets – skies drenched in cool pastels or vibrant acrylics, to take your breath away.
- Family Beach Olympics: Every week, families take over the beach for our fun family Olympics. Jump into a tug-a-war, sack race, lime & spoon race, and many more! We also have football (soccer), cricket, basketball, pool and beach volleyball, and rounders (Antiguan game).
- Stargazing and Mini-Bonfire: Every Wednesday at 8:30pm, an evening adventure takes place on the beach, under the stars, only steps away from the soothing sound of the waves. This is an informative night of stargazing, storytelling, and roasting marshmallows over a small fire. An activity that the entire family will enjoy!
- Kayaking and Sailing Lessons: A fun water sport activity from our beach that takes you on an amazing sea adventure. You will learn how to sail like a seasoned pro and how to maneuver a kayak. There’s sailing or kayak racing every day, as well as lessons for the entire family.
- Beach Weddings: Happily ever after begins in Antigua on our Caribbean-kissed beach. You can have the dream ceremony of our choice with views of the sea as your backdrop.
- Santa Arrives on the Snow White Beach: When it’s the time of year to be ‘JOLLY’, there are family fun and activities for everyone, including Santa arriving by boat! This annual visit takes place December 22 through December 31.
Family Fun Activities & Olympics on the beach every week.
- Antigua Sailing Week: Witness one of the premier sailing regattas in the world as they cruise past Jolly Beach. This takes place April 26 until May 1 in 2016! For more information visit the official Antigua Sailing Week website.
Living just fifty feet away from the sand and sea for a week can be a life-changing experience and you can do it all at an affordable price on an exotic Caribbean island rich in culture and smiles. Affordable, cultural, natural – Antigua’s best vacation value.
THE ALL-INCLUSIVE price at Jolly Beach Resort & Spa covers accommodations, all taxes and service charges, all meals, snacks and afternoon tea, house brand beverages, non-motorized water sports, “Kidz and Teenz Clubs”, activities and entertainment. For more information about our all-inclusive rates visit: http://www.jollybeachresort.com/all-inclusive/inclusive-rates/
October 3rd, 2014
Jolly Beach Resort & Spa is the only Antiguan resort with a cricket pitch.
Ah, Cricket – that game which sings in the blood of many a person with British heritage in their background. Cricket is played all over the world, drawing fans and players from everywhere, including England and the West Indies, where cricket is immensely popular.
At Jolly Beach Resort, pro cricket players are a common and very welcome sight. England does “Test” games every year, always making Antigua a choice place to play. The next batch of Tests happening here will be April 13-17, 2015, please visit the Cricinfo site for more details on the series. At these exciting events, you can win cricket t-shirts, cricket tickets, and other fun prizes, and join in our “Cricket Mania Games”, which include beer drinking, cricket trivia, and much more. Our friendly staff can answer your questions on cricket, of course, as well as any other inquiries you may have. We feel that there is no better place on earth to plunge into the world of this elegant sport!
And you don’t have to watch the pros play if you don’t want to. We have the only private cricket pitch in all of Antigua and there are plenty of cricket activities for you to enjoy, like cricket in our Jolly Beach Olympics, as well as learning and playing cricket in our Jolly Beach Kidz and Teenz Clubs.
“As the only Antiguan resort with a cricket pitch, we are very active in the sport as a workout and practice venue for professional teams,” Vernon A. Jeffers the resort’s General Manager has said. “Our UK guests have a passion for the sport on par with our own.”
For those of you unfamiliar with cricket, the vocabulary is very similar to American baseball, which is a good place to start, but in reality these two games are remarkably different. There are 11 players on each team, just like in baseball, but there’s also three umpires keeping score and making sure the game is adhering to official rules! We invite you to learn more about the game, if you like. Uncommon Caribbean recently published an article about catching their first ever live Cricket match in Antigua. Visit this link to read more.
There are plenty of cricket activities for you to enjoy, like cricket Jolly Beach Olympics and learn cricket in the Jolly Beach Kidz and Teenz Clubs.
For more information on the wonderful sport of cricket, please visit this simple, easy to understand site so that you may better wrap your head around it all! Book your time for any of the exciting Jolly Beach activities right now by contacting our reservations desk.
Jolly Beach Resort is Antigua’s best vacation value, with 40 acres of stunning tropical gardens, five restaurants, countless events, and THE best beach on Antigua. So, if you are seeking a value-focused, all-inclusive vacation– one that is specific and not duplicated anywhere else in the Caribbean—Jolly Beach is for you.
The All-Inclusive price at Jolly Beach Resort & Spa covers accommodations, all taxes and service charges, all meals, snacks and afternoon tea, house brand beverages, non-motorized water sports, “Kidz and Teenz Clubs”, activities, and entertainment.
April 25th, 2014
World Class Racing
With a blend of blue water, warm, steady trade winds, and seemingly endless harbors to explore, Antigua is a fantastic yachting and sailing destination. Here in Antigua we even have our own version of The America’s Cup – Antigua Sailing Week.
Sailing Week is one of the world’s foremost sailing events and is renowned for world-class racing and all-night partying. It takes place from April 26, 2014 through May 2, 2014.
This year 21 different countries will bring their yachts to compete in the regatta’s 46th anniversary, with thrills and spills guaranteed! Antigua’s Sailing Week has consistently graced international sailing aficionados’ calendars. Some of the races in this year’s regatta schedule include the Guadeloupe to Antigua Race, the Yachting World Round Antigua Race, and the English Harbour Rum Runner.
Throughout the island there will also be numerous parties. Ask our Concierge and he’ll be sure to point you in the right direction.
If you feel you’ve had too much of the regattas you can always return home to Jolly Beach Resort. Here, even when the sea may be rough, our beach is stunning and calm and the water is super refreshing. If you don’t feel like participating in the week’s after-hours’ parties, Jolly Beach Resort also has nightly entertainment, including a casino, shows, and dancing.
April 25th, 2014
Your Big Day!
With 22 years of experience there isn’t anything that will ruffle Ms. Beverly King’s feathers. She is Jolly Beach Resort’s wedding coordinator, and from intimate ceremonies on the beach to lavish family affairs, she has seen it all and survived it all – with grace and nerves of steel.
The largest wedding Ms. King has organized consisted of 200 people. “No problem,” she said. “It was all coordinated via email and went off without a hitch.”
So we asked her, “C’mon Ms. King. Every wedding has drama. Tell us some of the dramas you’ve survived!” Ms. King chuckled, and kept her lips zipped. But, as a master of making bride’s wedding fantasies come true, she did share with us a few stories – special ways she has been able to accommodate specific requests.
Once Upon a Time…
There was once a lovely bride who lived in a town with no palm trees, and, as such, desperately wanted a palm tree in her photos when she got married in Antigua. “I approached one of the resort’s gardeners,” said Ms. King, “and enquired whether there was a palm tree that could be relocated.” The gardener found and relocated a newly planted palm tree – and voila! Happy bride.
In another wedding, the bride had an inspiration picture from a wedding that had taken place in Mexico. Ms. King’s response? “No problem – I aim to please.” As she told us, “I love my job. There’s nothing more romantic than planning a wedding!”
Get Married in Antigua
Are you planning your own wedding and want to make your wedding day dreams a reality?
Click this link to get in touch with Ms. King and her team. Fill out the form with your wedding details and special requests. We’d love to help you personalize and celebrate your special day!
April 25th, 2014
Queen Of Carnival
Antigua Carnival – this is one holiday that ALL Antiguans look forward to with high expectations. Why? Because it’s a time of year when everybody lets their hair down and focuses exclusively on having fun! The carnival is a celebration of music, dance, and food – an 11 day festival of vibrant costumes, beauty pageants, talent shows, and really great music. Think New Orleans’ Mardi Gras, but with a Calypso rhythm.
Popular Carnival Events
- The Queen of Carnival is always chosen by popular applause after several competitions, including those for evening gown, talent, swimsuit, interview, and best costume. The show is the most prestigious and coveted pageant title in Antigua and Barbuda, and local talent for design and pageantry is especially evident in these competitions.
- Local Steel Drum Bands, typically comprised by neighbourhoods, will also compete, going all out to win a monetary prize. The bands also play during the parade, accompanied by their krewes, groups of followers wearing costumes that they have designed and sewn themselves. Some of these costumes are very elaborate and costly.
- Children’s Events: two popular children’s events include the Jr. Calypso Competition and the Children’s Carnival Parade. The crowd often goes wild with enthusiasm and support for the kids during both of these events.
When You Need a Break
Spicy and rhythmic, with a rainbow of colors, Antigua Carnival is a great way to get a taste of the local culture, but if you want a break from the festivities, come on back to Jolly Beach Resort & Spa for a bit of down time.
Lounge on a world-class beach (Antigua’s best) or splash around in protected turquoise waters, grab a drink poolside and dive into a great novel, or simply avoid the lines at Carnival for savory Jerk chicken and other scrumptious meals in one of our resort’s 5 on-site restaurants.
You can even drop your kids off at the Jolly Kidz Club or Jolly Teenz Club, both offering a full schedule of activities your kids will love, while you go out and enjoy some Carnival time on your own.
Simply click to Book Online or call our reservations department to book your stay during Antigua Carnival.
- USA & Canada: 1-866-905-6559
- UK & Europe: 00-800-1-235-6559
But hurry – rooms go on a first come, first served basis and you wouldn’t want to miss the Caribbean’s greatest summer festival!