September 26th, 2015
From England, Ireland, Italy, Canada, the United States, Central America – they come to the peaceful and immaculate shores of Antigua to enjoy what the aqua colored waters, the powdery white sand and the hospitality we have become known for.
At Jolly Beach we have the finest beach on Antigua, and 464 rooms in 9 buildings to host those that come to enjoy our island pleasures.
Feeding that many guests, and making that many meals a day is no easy feat. And they don’t all like the same kinds of foods. So, we present: Hemispheres, Lydia’s, Bocciolo, Utsav, and Coconut Grill. More than just names, they all represent a different way of cooking, different flavours to try and different pallets to please.
Lydia’s BBQ, think tropical blender drinks, and grilled catch of the day, waves lapping on the shore, that’s Lydia’s.
Hemishperes a breezy relaxed atmosphere and casual buffet dining with indoor and outdoor seating — serving three meals a day hot and plentiful.
Bocciolo is a cool change of pace. Classic Italian dishes served in air-conditioned comfort. The antipasto bar alone will call you back for seconds.
Utsav features a selection of dishes from India’s many cuisines — truly a “festival” of Indian flavors.
And for those on the go, and just steps away from the beach and pools, a grab-and-go menu serves up quick and tasty choices like hamburgers, hot dogs and grilled jerk chicken and crispy French fries all afternoon.
Come and try us soon!
September 14th, 2015
It’s time to start looking ahead and planning your next family vacation, and we want to help you make some lasting memories here at Jolly Beach Resort in Antigua.
After a tough first year in the New World, the Pilgrims gave thanks for making it through, looking toward the future with hope. We want you to come to the welcoming shores of Antigua, on the best beach anywhere, and share a memorable Thanksgiving with your family in whatever way you’d like.
Before you head into a busy holiday season, we want you to be able to unplug and enjoy all that Jolly Beach has to offer.
A Jolly beach experience includes:
- From 6 different room types
- Meals & Drinks:
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Afternoon tea
- Snacks at the Coconut Grill
- House-brand beverages and cocktails
- All taxes, fees, gratuities, and service charges
- Jolly Kidz Club for ages 3 to 12
- Non-motorized water-sports, including sailing, kayaking, windsurfing, and snorkeling gear
- Gym and exercise classes
- 2 fresh water pools
- Basketball and netball
- Hammock lounge
- Daily activities & nightly entertainment
Aside from transportation, you really don’t have to spend more than you want to when you stay with us in Antigua on the all-inclusive plan. We do offer the convenience of extra services and amenities.
So contact us today and make this a Thanksgiving to remember.
August 16th, 2015
Perched on a dazzling eggshell-white beach in Antigua, Jolly Beach Resort is set among forty acres of lush, tropical gardens. Pristine white sands, crystal-clear and calm turquoise waters, incredible views, and cooling seas breezes – Jolly Beach is the Best Beach.
Stretching a mile along breathtaking azure blue waters.
We’re proud to offer one of the finest stretches of sand in the Caribbean – here’s why:
- A Kaleidoscope of Colors: Stretching a mile along breathtaking azure blue waters on our 40-acre property, the snow white Jolly Beach is the best beach on Antigua, hands down. You are sure to come across pictures of fabulous sunrises and sunsets – skies drenched in cool pastels or vibrant acrylics, to take your breath away.
- Family Beach Olympics: Every week, families take over the beach for our fun family Olympics. Jump into a tug-a-war, sack race, lime & spoon race, and many more! We also have football (soccer), cricket, basketball, pool and beach volleyball, and rounders (Antiguan game).
- Stargazing and Mini-Bonfire: Every Wednesday at 8:30pm, an evening adventure takes place on the beach, under the stars, only steps away from the soothing sound of the waves. This is an informative night of stargazing, storytelling, and roasting marshmallows over a small fire. An activity that the entire family will enjoy!
- Kayaking and Sailing Lessons: A fun water sport activity from our beach that takes you on an amazing sea adventure. You will learn how to sail like a seasoned pro and how to maneuver a kayak. There’s sailing or kayak racing every day, as well as lessons for the entire family.
- Beach Weddings: Happily ever after begins in Antigua on our Caribbean-kissed beach. You can have the dream ceremony of our choice with views of the sea as your backdrop.
- Santa Arrives on the Snow White Beach: When it’s the time of year to be ‘JOLLY’, there are family fun and activities for everyone, including Santa arriving by boat! This annual visit takes place December 22 through December 31.
Family Fun Activities & Olympics on the beach every week.
- Antigua Sailing Week: Witness one of the premier sailing regattas in the world as they cruise past Jolly Beach. This takes place April 26 until May 1 in 2016! For more information visit the official Antigua Sailing Week website.
Living just fifty feet away from the sand and sea for a week can be a life-changing experience and you can do it all at an affordable price on an exotic Caribbean island rich in culture and smiles. Affordable, cultural, natural – Antigua’s best vacation value.
THE ALL-INCLUSIVE price at Jolly Beach Resort & Spa covers accommodations, all taxes and service charges, all meals, snacks and afternoon tea, house brand beverages, non-motorized water sports, “Kidz and Teenz Clubs”, activities and entertainment. For more information about our all-inclusive rates visit: http://www.jollybeachresort.com/all-inclusive/inclusive-rates/
August 1st, 2015
What do you like to do on vacation? Take a Hobie Cat out for a day on the water? Perhaps some snorkeling or windsurfing? Or maybe some beach volleyball? Jolly Beach Resort & Spa has every tropical activity you could ask for, easily accessible, and nearly all of them are included in our all-inclusive packages. Enjoy daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner, as many alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages as you desire, non-motorized watersports, and an abundance of on-site sports, all for a low daily rate. Come see why Jolly Beach is the best all-inclusive value on Antigua. You won’t regret it.
July 18th, 2015
When Jolly Beach Resort (JBR) stresses “value getaways”, we do mean that we fit into just about anyone’s holiday budget. But value not just in financial terms—but value when it comes to be THE portal to exciting and relaxing Antigua, the island’s beauty, and its rich cultural and natural heritage. Plants and trees on Antigua abound. We have ornamental bougainvillea, night blooming cereus, and the “Monkey No Climb,” a cactus-type small tree commonly found in gardens. As it is rich history as it is in flora and fauna, Antigua was discovered on 1493 by famed explorer Christopher Columbus, while on his second transatlantic voyage. By 1632, England had colonized the island. And way before all this, there were indigenous groups like the Ciboney, Arawak and Carib peoples (and to them, Antigua is called Waladli or Wadadli).
These amazing peoples came from what is present-day Venezuela and Cuba. It is the Arawak who introduced agriculture to Antigua, and amongst their many crops, they cultivated the now acclaimed Antiguan Black Pineapple. The Arawak brought pineapples to Antigua over 1,000 years ago, which they’ve grown to develop and adopt a special flavor and appearance due to the island’s unique environment of rich soil with just the right amount of rain, so the pineapples shine without being watered down. Nowadays, the Black Pineapple is the national fruit! Dubbed “the world’s sweetest pineapple”, you can taste one and you’ll be sure to agree. Compared to other pineapples, the fruit is more golden, having a crisp flavor and very low acid content. Just one bite is invigorating!
The home of the Black Pineapple can be visited by less than 20 minutes by car at Cades Bay Agricultural Station. During the 1940s, Cades Bay Pineapple Station was a district settlement consisting of a number of small farms. It wasn’t until the late 1960s that the Ministry of Agriculture diversified the operations from small farms to a government owned Agricultural Station. Antigua attracts 700,000 visitors annually, and just about every last one of them falls in love with the Black Pineapple. Our guests at Jolly Beach are no different. And you can make this happen and not break the bank in the process. Jolly Beach may be the best budget vacation option Antigua offers, but we are far from cheap when it comes to experience. For rates & reservations, please click here.