August 16th, 2015
Perched on a dazzling eggshell-white beach in Antigua, Jolly Beach Resort is set among forty acres of lush, tropical gardens. Pristine white sands, crystal-clear and calm turquoise waters, incredible views, and cooling seas breezes – Jolly Beach is the Best Beach.
Stretching a mile along breathtaking azure blue waters.
We’re proud to offer one of the finest stretches of sand in the Caribbean – here’s why:
- A Kaleidoscope of Colors: Stretching a mile along breathtaking azure blue waters on our 40-acre property, the snow white Jolly Beach is the best beach on Antigua, hands down. You are sure to come across pictures of fabulous sunrises and sunsets – skies drenched in cool pastels or vibrant acrylics, to take your breath away.
- Family Beach Olympics: Every week, families take over the beach for our fun family Olympics. Jump into a tug-a-war, sack race, lime & spoon race, and many more! We also have football (soccer), cricket, basketball, pool and beach volleyball, and rounders (Antiguan game).
- Stargazing and Mini-Bonfire: Every Wednesday at 8:30pm, an evening adventure takes place on the beach, under the stars, only steps away from the soothing sound of the waves. This is an informative night of stargazing, storytelling, and roasting marshmallows over a small fire. An activity that the entire family will enjoy!
- Kayaking and Sailing Lessons: A fun water sport activity from our beach that takes you on an amazing sea adventure. You will learn how to sail like a seasoned pro and how to maneuver a kayak. There’s sailing or kayak racing every day, as well as lessons for the entire family.
- Beach Weddings: Happily ever after begins in Antigua on our Caribbean-kissed beach. You can have the dream ceremony of our choice with views of the sea as your backdrop.
- Santa Arrives on the Snow White Beach: When it’s the time of year to be ‘JOLLY’, there are family fun and activities for everyone, including Santa arriving by boat! This annual visit takes place December 22 through December 31.
Family Fun Activities & Olympics on the beach every week.
- Antigua Sailing Week: Witness one of the premier sailing regattas in the world as they cruise past Jolly Beach. This takes place April 26 until May 1 in 2016! For more information visit the official Antigua Sailing Week website.
Living just fifty feet away from the sand and sea for a week can be a life-changing experience and you can do it all at an affordable price on an exotic Caribbean island rich in culture and smiles. Affordable, cultural, natural – Antigua’s best vacation value.
THE ALL-INCLUSIVE price at Jolly Beach Resort & Spa covers accommodations, all taxes and service charges, all meals, snacks and afternoon tea, house brand beverages, non-motorized water sports, “Kidz and Teenz Clubs”, activities and entertainment. For more information about our all-inclusive rates visit: http://www.jollybeachresort.com/all-inclusive/inclusive-rates/
August 1st, 2015
What do you like to do on vacation? Take a Hobie Cat out for a day on the water? Perhaps some snorkeling or windsurfing? Or maybe some beach volleyball? Jolly Beach Resort & Spa has every tropical activity you could ask for, easily accessible, and nearly all of them are included in our all-inclusive packages. Enjoy daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner, as many alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages as you desire, non-motorized watersports, and an abundance of on-site sports, all for a low daily rate. Come see why Jolly Beach is the best all-inclusive value on Antigua. You won’t regret it.
January 17th, 2015
At Jolly Beach Resort we pride ourselves on our beach front weddings. Kiss your beloved as you enter matrimony under the Caribbean sun. Getting married in Antigua is a breeze, there’s no residency requirement. Our Antiguan wedding planner extraordinaire and her staff are at your service before you even arrive; they plan and organize so that everything will be exactly as you wish for you and your spouse, your family and friends. There’s no stress, just enjoy your wedding day and leave the rest to us.
Check out our wedding packages page to see what’s on offer: http://www.jollybeachresort.com/weddings/
August 30th, 2013
Photographer Abena Barnes believes the popularity of photos from phones and other devices we use to document from moment to moment has created more of an awareness and appreciation of beautiful images. She has even had clients ask for photos specifically to post on their Facebook profile.
It can be challenging working so closely with new people every day, but Abena is very much a people person a trait that puts her clients at ease no matter what kind of wedding day or other butterflies may be on the scene.
One of her most challenging photo shoots was a wedding. After the ceremony the couple wanted to pose at water’s edge, a pretty popular setting for destination weddings pictures. But this time out an uncharacteristically large wave came in, soaking the newlyweds. Of course Abena got the shot and luckily the couple took it in stride and enjoyed the moment. According to Abena this was before “trash the dress” became popular and she says now you can’t keep couples from diving in!
What is it about weddings parties and water? Another couple – and their whole wedding party – made an unplanned jump into the resort pool. Again Abena got the shot remind us you have to keep an open mind as well as open eyes, anything can happen so you have to be in the moment and ready to get the shot.
With Antigua being such a popular beach vacation destination, Abena loves getting to work with people from all around the world. She has a fondness for Scottsmen, after one particular wedding. Scotts, kilts, full moons. You get the picture. She did!
For couples planning their destination wedding, Abena has three tips to make sure they get their perfect wedding album.
- For a warm weather, beach destination wedding Abena advises the wedding party to be very careful of exposure to the sun prior to the ceremony so there are no nasty sunburns or tell-tale bathing suit marks (even for a graphic artist like Abena, there is only so much help you can give a photo).
- Abena says couples need to relax and leave everything to the photographer. Let your photographer worry about the when, where and how of getting the shots. The best pictures are of everyone just enjoying the moment.
- The wedding album should tell a story and should say we had a wonderful time at our wedding. And while Abena says she tries to mix it up she recommends that couples tell their photographer what kind of pictures they like. Whether it’s more traditional posed portraits, or more spontaneous and natural, even fashion inclusive. No matter what, tell the photographer to ensure your album will be one you’ll treasure.
May 1st, 2013
Every year we can count on Mariah and Nick to remind us to keep the romance alive when they renew their vows. While celebrity recommitments keep these ceremonies in the news, here at Jolly Beach Resort we know they’re more than just a trend. Renewal of Vows are a very popular celebration here year after year and for reasons as individual as the couples themselves. Many are commemorating a milestone anniversary having been together through thick and thin, then there are the newlyweds who said their “I dos” in a traditional wedding at home and want an intimate ceremony on the beach. Some say a recommitment is a wedding they can relax and enjoy, and not be caught up in the planning, to really appreciate what marriage and their love means in their lives. And still others to share a celebration of their love with children and grandchildren. Whatever the reason and whether it’s close to home or barefoot on a beach like ours, committed relationships are something to celebrate. Congratulations Mariah and Nick.
Anytime is the perfect time to celebrate a union and declare “I do.” At Jolly Beach Resort & Spa we make it free and easy to plan a vow renewal for guests booking a 7-night, all-inclusive stay in a Superior Room category or higher.
April 9th, 2013
A signature Jolly Beach Resort & Spa Mark Brown tropical wedding all ready for your ceremony on the beach.
Our award winning wedding planner, Beverly King, has had plenty of practice. She says she “stopped counting” when she hit a thousand ceremonies and is a source to be trusted when it comes to wedding advice and we’ve got her top ten tips for couples planning a destination wedding.
- Be the Early-Bird. Make sure you book early as everything is subject to availability, and your preferred date may be taken by someone else.
- Learn from the scouts; be prepared. Find out what documentation is required for the specified country and the length of time you as a couple need to be there before they can wed. Legal requirements vary worldwide. In Antigua it is extremely easy. We have a no residency policy e.g. you can go to the Legal Office at 9am and be married by 4:30pm the same day. On arrival to the resort you have an appointment to meet with the Wedding Co-coordinator where all final plans are made for your special occasion and the legal forms are filled out for the Registrar and Legal Office.
- Dress to chill – your wedding attire should be cool and light coloured, nobody wants to see the bride and groom sweating down the aisle.
- Don’t burn – a strapless wedding dress does not look good with a sunburnt back, and a suit doesn’t go particularly well with a lobster red face.
- Don’t forget – who’s got the rings? Tie them to something immovable, like the best man.
- Bless ‘em – blessings are available at Jolly Beach.
- Think twice – always request a copy of the marriage certificate before leaving the resort.
- Believe – trust your wedding co-ordinator; she is there to do the thinking for you.
- Family ties – Jolly Beach has family and friend deals available.
- Smile! – you’re saving upwards of $20,000* over a traditional wedding, so you can splurge on extras like flight upgrades and champagne.
* TheKnot.com and WeddingChannel.com’s annual Real Weddings Study revealed that the average wedding budget not counting the honeymoon was $28,427 in 2012.
Hertia and John dance together on the beach after renewing their wedding vows on the beach at Jolly Beach Resort & Spa.
- Paul and Pollyanna only have eyes for each other as they say their wedding vows in front of family and friends at Jolly Beach Resort & Spa.