November 21st, 2013
We’re very happy to share information about a new daily, non-stop flight to our beautiful Antigua. American Airlines non-stop service from New York’s JFK begins today and will have you relaxing on our best beach by a mile at lunchtime. Flight number AA978 departs JFK at 7:15 am and arrives here at V.C. Bird International Airport (ANU) at 12:30 pm. The return flight, still AA978, departs ANU at 1:30 pm and arrives at JFK at 5:25 pm. This daily non-stop will continue until March 31, 2014, so plan your Winter Escape now and you’ll be sipping our Wadadli Cuddle on the beach before you know it.
November 15th, 2013
Spend the Holidays and ring in the New Year in white sand instead of snow. Book with us by November 22, 2013 and you’ll save 60% on all-inclusive rates starting at US$98 per person, per night, double occupancy for travel December 21-February 15, 2014. We have a full schedule of Christmas and New Year’s activities and celebrations from choirs, live bands and beach bonfires to Santa and an “Animalistic” New Year’s Eve party that welcomes in 2014. Make you winter escape and we’ll see you on the beach!
November 5th, 2013
For whatever reason, so many of us don’t take all of our yearly vacation days. If you’re in this column, why not plan a Caribbean getaway right now, and get the best rates of the year while you’re at it. Make a direct booking with us by November 15, 2013 and you’ll save 60% on travel now through December 20, 2013 with all-inclusive rates starting at US$88 per person, per night, double occupancy. If you prefer a winter escape in the New Year, you’ll save 60% on high-season rates if you travel January 6-February 14, 2014 or March 10-April 15, 2014, US$97.50 per person, per night, double occupancy. The clock is ticking; count up your vacation days and have some fun on Antigua’s best beach by a mile.
April 9th, 2013
A signature Jolly Beach Resort & Spa Mark Brown tropical wedding all ready for your ceremony on the beach.
Our award winning wedding planner, Beverly King, has had plenty of practice. She says she “stopped counting” when she hit a thousand ceremonies and is a source to be trusted when it comes to wedding advice and we’ve got her top ten tips for couples planning a destination wedding.
- Be the Early-Bird. Make sure you book early as everything is subject to availability, and your preferred date may be taken by someone else.
- Learn from the scouts; be prepared. Find out what documentation is required for the specified country and the length of time you as a couple need to be there before they can wed. Legal requirements vary worldwide. In Antigua it is extremely easy. We have a no residency policy e.g. you can go to the Legal Office at 9am and be married by 4:30pm the same day. On arrival to the resort you have an appointment to meet with the Wedding Co-coordinator where all final plans are made for your special occasion and the legal forms are filled out for the Registrar and Legal Office.
- Dress to chill – your wedding attire should be cool and light coloured, nobody wants to see the bride and groom sweating down the aisle.
- Don’t burn – a strapless wedding dress does not look good with a sunburnt back, and a suit doesn’t go particularly well with a lobster red face.
- Don’t forget – who’s got the rings? Tie them to something immovable, like the best man.
- Bless ‘em – blessings are available at Jolly Beach.
- Think twice – always request a copy of the marriage certificate before leaving the resort.
- Believe – trust your wedding co-ordinator; she is there to do the thinking for you.
- Family ties – Jolly Beach has family and friend deals available.
- Smile! – you’re saving upwards of $20,000* over a traditional wedding, so you can splurge on extras like flight upgrades and champagne.
* TheKnot.com and WeddingChannel.com’s annual Real Weddings Study revealed that the average wedding budget not counting the honeymoon was $28,427 in 2012.
Hertia and John dance together on the beach after renewing their wedding vows on the beach at Jolly Beach Resort & Spa.
- Paul and Pollyanna only have eyes for each other as they say their wedding vows in front of family and friends at Jolly Beach Resort & Spa.
March 28th, 2013
It’s easier than ever to find a flight to Antigua and our Best Beach by a Mile. Here is list of airline schedule information for April 2013 into V.C. Bird International Airport (ANU). And you can find detailed flight information on the Antigua Hotels & Tourist Association website.
- American (AA) operates daily from Miami (MIA)and operates four (4) times weekly from New York (JFK) (Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday).
- Air Canada (AC) operates from Toronto(YYZ)on Thursday(04 Apr only), Saturday and Sunday and operates one (1) flight from Montreal (YUL) on Sunday (07 Apr Only).
- British Airways (BA) operates five (5) times weekly from London(LGW). No operations on Monday and Thursday
- Caribbean Airlines (BW) operates twice weekly to Kingston(KIN) on Friday & Sunday
- Virgin Atlantic (VS) operates direct flights from London (LGW) on Saturdays, via Barbados(BGI) on Wednesday and via St. Lucia(UVF) on Friday.
- WestJet (WS) operates two (2) flights weekly from Toronto (YYZ) on Sundays and Wednesdays.
- United (UA) operates daily from Newark (EWR) and two (2) flights on Saturday and Sunday.
- US Airways(US) operates one (1) flight weekly from Charlotte (CLT) on Saturdays.
- Condor (DE) operates one (1) flight weekly from Frankfurt (FRA) on Sundays.
- Canjet (CK) operates one (1) flight from Montreal (YUL) on Sunday (07 Apr only).
- Blue Panorama (BV) operates one (1) flight weekly from Malspensa (MXP) on Sundays.
- Air Transat (TS) will operate one (1) flight weekly from YYZ on Saturdays until 20 Apr.
- Delta will not operate during the month of April.
See you on the beach!