A signature Jolly Beach Resort & Spa Mark Brown tropical wedding all ready for your ceremony on the beach.
Our award winning wedding planner, Beverly King, has had plenty of practice. She says she “stopped counting” when she hit a thousand ceremonies and is a source to be trusted when it comes to wedding advice and we’ve got her top ten tips for couples planning a destination wedding.
- Be the Early-Bird. Make sure you book early as everything is subject to availability, and your preferred date may be taken by someone else.
- Learn from the scouts; be prepared. Find out what documentation is required for the specified country and the length of time you as a couple need to be there before they can wed. Legal requirements vary worldwide. In Antigua it is extremely easy. We have a no residency policy e.g. you can go to the Legal Office at 9am and be married by 4:30pm the same day. On arrival to the resort you have an appointment to meet with the Wedding Co-coordinator where all final plans are made for your special occasion and the legal forms are filled out for the Registrar and Legal Office.
- Dress to chill – your wedding attire should be cool and light coloured, nobody wants to see the bride and groom sweating down the aisle.
- Don’t burn – a strapless wedding dress does not look good with a sunburnt back, and a suit doesn’t go particularly well with a lobster red face.
- Don’t forget – who’s got the rings? Tie them to something immovable, like the best man.
- Bless ‘em – blessings are available at Jolly Beach.
- Think twice – always request a copy of the marriage certificate before leaving the resort.
- Believe – trust your wedding co-ordinator; she is there to do the thinking for you.
- Family ties – Jolly Beach has family and friend deals available.
- Smile! – you’re saving upwards of $20,000* over a traditional wedding, so you can splurge on extras like flight upgrades and champagne.
* TheKnot.com and WeddingChannel.com’s annual Real Weddings Study revealed that the average wedding budget not counting the honeymoon was $28,427 in 2012.
Hertia and John dance together on the beach after renewing their wedding vows on the beach at Jolly Beach Resort & Spa.
- Paul and Pollyanna only have eyes for each other as they say their wedding vows in front of family and friends at Jolly Beach Resort & Spa.